Tim Hortons 3 on 3 tournament
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO
***IMPORTANT STATEMENT REGARDING LMHL AND TBMHA PLAYOFF GAMES DURING 3 ON 3 WEEKEND***
Hello, Tim Hortons 3 on 3 Participants! We are aware of the fact that both LMHL and TBMHA have scheduled some playoff games during our tournament dates. While almost all of these games will only be played "if necessary", and only a small percentage of teams will make the city finals in their divisions, we cannot guarantee that there will be no conflict between games. Our plan is to do everything in our power to schedule 3 on 3 games to be played at opposite times from their divisional city playoff games, and depending on our registration numbers, we are optimistic that we will be able to be quite successful in this regard.
That said, we have come up with two contingency plans to help ease concerns as much as possible. First, we will be extending the registration deadline to March 8th. This will hopefully help give people a better idea of whether or not their team is likely to advance to their respective finals. Secondly, we will give teams the ability to use replacement players in the event of a scheduling conflict. Replacement players will have to fall within the same category (cannot put teams over the limit of AA/AAA players for their respective divisions). Although it would be preferable if they are not already rostered to another team in the tournament, we will allow any qualifying player to be used.
Rules for Replacement Players:
- Replacement players cannot put the team over the limit of AA/AAA players for their respective division.
- Teams will have to indicate the use of replacement players when filling out the game sheet prior to the game.
- Replacement players will be expected to wear the jersey of the player they are replacing, and will take their spot in the penalty shot order.
- Replacement players' parents/guardians will have to sign the team's waiver prior to the game starting, unless they have already signed their original team's waiver.
Welcome to the 2020 Tim Hortons 3 on 3 Tournament!
Thank you, as always, for your continued interest in our tournament...we look forward to getting underway with registration very soon! We're pleased to announce some new and exciting changes regarding roster construction for the 2020 edition of the tournament, including three different divisions for both Atom and Peewee. The entry fee for the 2020 Tim Hortons 3 on 3 Tournament is $1000 per team (for all divisions). Payments must be submitted by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to confirm registration.
See the rules below for details!
- Atom and Peewee will have three divisions -- AA (max 2 AAA players in Peewee), Mixed (max 3 AA players), and A (no AA players)
- There is no longer a requirement to have any specific number of first-year players in AA divisions.
- Any player rostered to a AAA regional team is considered a AAA player, and cannot play in the A division
- Any player rostered to a special affiliate AA team or a regional select team will be considered a AA player
The Tim Hortons 3 on 3 Tournament is excited to once again be supporting Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario this year.
Camp Quality Canada is a volunteer, non-profit, charitable organization that strives to improve the quality of life for children living with cancer through camps and year-round family support programs.